Andover is in Clinton County in Iowa.
The total population now is 146. There is very little information on Andover Iowa probably due to the small population.
Andover was platted as a town in September 10 1886, by August and Dorothy Eggert in the northeast quarter of the southwest quarter of section22, township 83 range 6.
The town grew up because of the demand of the stock feeders and shippers between Almont and Bryant for a station, and one was located in answer to their petition, after which the town was platted, and grew up about the station.
The Postoffice was established May 24 1886 and F.P Naeve the first merchant, appointed as Postmaster. He continued until May 26 1908, when Otto H. Bock, the present incumbent, succeeded him. A rural free delivery route, twenty-one and a half miles long, John Gehlsen, carrier, was established from Andover in 1906.
For several years a creamery was operated at Andover, but was later moved to Teed's Grove. It is a considerable stock shipping point. The present business interests are represented by O.H.Bock and D.P. Naeve, general merchants; E.H.Hagge, dealer in agricultural implements, and John Grimm, Jr., hotel-keeper.
In 1910 Andover was incorporated as a town, and the officers are as follows: Albert Boysen, Mayor; D.P. Naeve, Clerk; R.P. Bock, Assessor; John Wilke. Jr,. Treasurer; Councilmen, O.H. Bock, John Aude, george Rittner, F.P. Naeve and John Grimm. Sr.
Information provided by Bruce Gerhardt from Nebraska USA
Should you have any information on Andover Iowa please Contact Us.